TRAIL BLAZERS BEAT THE BUZZER PROMOTION
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Trail Blazers Beat the Buzzer Promotion (the “Promotion”) is open to legal U.S. residents, 18 years of age or older at the time of participation, who live within the state of Oregon or Western Washington. Employees of CenturyTel Service Group, LLC (“CenturyLink”), Trail Blazers Inc. (collectively with CenturyLink referred to herein as “Sponsor”), the National Basketball Association, and its Member Teams, NBA Properties Inc., and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, employees and agents, and any of their advertising or promotional agencies, any sponsor of any prize offered in this Promotion or any business or entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, siblings and children) and any persons domiciled with, such employees, are not eligible to participate or win.
Sponsor will not be responsible for any failure to access a Contest or interruption of any kind during a Contest due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with participant or Sponsor. For these purposes, an e-mail account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. Any questions regarding the owner of an e‑mail account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole, reasonable discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of a Contest or the Promotion.
4. RANDOM DRAW PRIZES/ODDS. On the day following each of the Contest dates as provided below, one (1) potential winner will be randomly drawn from those participants who successfully answered all ten (10) questions in the respective Contest. After confirmation of eligibility, verification and compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor will award the winner the prize for the respective Contest as provided in the following table:
No. of Winners
Contest Prize Description
April 27, 2020
Two (2) tickets to a 2020-21 Trail Blazers Regular Season Home Game*
May 4, 2020
2019-20 Team Autographed Basketball**
May 13, 2020
$100 Rip City Clothing Company Gift Card***
May 18, 2020
Two (2) tickets to a 2020-21 Trail Blazers Regular Season Home Game*
May 25, 2020
$200 Rip City Clothing Company Gift Card***
* Exact game date and seat location to be determined at time of award in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
** Exact quantity of autographs and specific players are based on availability as of the date basketball was signed.
*** Rip City Clothing Company Gift Cards are valid at Moda Center locations only; not valid for online purchases.
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each pair of tickets may vary based on the then-current market value of the tickets for the respective game and seat location at the time the prize is awarded. ARV of autographed basketball reflects unautographed merchandise; actual retail value of hand-signed merchandise is subject to fluctuation based on the featured NBA players and the then-current market value of such autograph at the time prize is awarded.
Odds of winning will vary for each Contest and will depend on the number of eligible participants which qualified for the drawing by answering all ten (10) questions correctly for the respective Contest. The maximum total number of possible prize winners will be one (1) winner per Contest and five (5) total winners in the Promotion (as provided in the table above). Limit of one prize per person or household during the Promotion.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE. Potential winners will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail as provided through their method of participation within forty-eight (48) hours after the respective Contest for which such participant’s name was randomly drawn and confirmed to be eligible to win a prize. In the event contact with a potential winner is not confirmed within forty-eight (48) hours of attempted notification, or if a potential winner declines the prize, another qualifying participant from the respective Contest will be randomly chosen as a potential winner. Each winner may waive their right to receive a prize. Prizes have no cash value, no substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of any prize will be permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion to offer a prize of comparable or greater value. Each confirmed winner will be solely responsible for reporting and payment of any federal, state, local, and municipal taxes relating to acceptance of a prize. Each winner acknowledges and agrees that a prize or any portion thereof awarded is personal to such winner and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. A violation of these restrictions shall revoke such winner’s license, and the prize will not be honored.
For winners of a ticket prize, winner and such winner’s guest will each be solely responsible for all incidental costs or expenses, including but not limited to transportation, lodging, parking, food and beverages, relating to acceptance and/or use of the ticket prize. If a guest of a winner is not 18 years of age on the date of their respective game, Sponsor shall require that winner be the parent/legal guardian of such minor guest, unless prior written consent of such minor guest’s parent/legal guardian has been obtained. Sponsor reserves the right to exclude winner and/or such person’s guest if such person is not in compliance with the foregoing requirement, including providing a copy of written consent if requested. Sponsor is not responsible if game or any part of game is delayed, postponed, or canceled for any reason. No prize winner nor such person’s guest will receive compensation from Sponsor nor management personnel of the Moda Center for tickets that are unable to be used due to cancellation of the game. Tickets may be subject to standard rain-check policies and procedures set by the issuer. Sponsor and management personnel of the game location arena reserve the right to remove or to deny participation to any winner and/or such person’s guest if such person violates any restriction or engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game and/or any related event. Each winner and such person’s guest assume all responsibility for the acceptance and use of a prize. No guest of a winner will have any independent rights to the prize or any portion thereof and must accompany winner at all times during use of the prize. If a winner and/or such person’s guest engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious, inappropriate, or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the experience early. A guest of a winner shall be considered for all intents and purposes of compliance with these Official Rules as a participant in the Promotion.
6. PARTICIPATION. By participating in the Promotion, each participant agrees to follow and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and hold harmless and indemnify CenturyTel Service Group, LLC Trail Blazers Inc., Rip City Management LLC, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., the City of Portland, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (i) participant’s participation, or (ii) the receipt or use of the prize, or any portion thereof, awarded in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Promotion as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Promotion is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the qualifying participants in any Contest occurring before the termination date.
Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion, including acceptance and use of any prize, constitutes each participant’s consent to the publication, dissemination and use of such person’s name, photograph, image, likeness and voice by CenturyTel Service Group, LLC, Trail Blazers Inc., Rip City Management LLC, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates in any media, at any time, for any purpose into perpetuity without any additional compensation to, permission from or inspection by such participant.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By participating in the Promotion, each participant agrees that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating the Promotion, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain any award for, and each participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
8. CONSTRUCTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Oregon, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Oregon. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. QUESTIONS/LIST OF WINNERS. For timely answers to any questions regarding the Contests or the Promotion please contact the Trail Blazers business office by email to https://www.nba.com/blazers/contact-us, using the subject “Trail Blazers Beat the Buzzer Promotion” and providing your name, phone number, and your question relating to the Promotion; emails must be received by May 23, 2020 to allow for the answer to be provided in time for participation in the final Contest. For the names of the winners (available after May 30, 2020), please send your request postage paid, including a self-addressed stamped envelope, to: Trail Blazers Beat the Buzzer Promotion Winners, One Center Court, Suite 200, Portland, OR 97227. Requests for a list of names of the winners must be received by May 30, 2020.
Oops! Looks like your browser needs to accept our cookie before entering. Please click here to accept cookies and enter the contest.