THANKS FOR PLAYING! MAKE SURE TO COME BACK AND VOTE FOR YOUR 1980s DECADE TEAM BEGINNING DECEMBER 2.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes is open to persons 18 years of age or older who reside in Oregon and Western Washington, except employees (former and current), agents, successors and assignees of Toyota Motor Corp., the Portland Metro Toyota Dealers Advertising Association, Spirit Mountain Casino, and Trail Blazers Inc. (collectively referred to herein as “Sponsor”), the National Basketball Association (“NBA”) and its Member Teams, NBA Properties Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising or promotional agencies, and the family members, agents, successors or assigns of, and any persons domiciled with, such employees, are not eligible for entry.
FIVE (5) DECADE DRAWINGS: During the Sweepstakes Period there will be a series of five (5) Voting Periods, one for each Decade and one (1) random drawing with a specific prize for each respective drawing as set forth in the table below. One (1) potential winner will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the specified Decade Voting Period for each respective Decade. Non-winning entries received during each respective Decade Voting Period will not be rolled over to the next Decade Voting Period. Odds of winning a prize will vary depending on the number of eligible entries during each Decade Voting Period. The table below provides the following information: (a) voting entry period, (b) drawing date, (c) prize description, and (d) approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Decade Drawing prize.
Decade Voting/Entry Period
Decade Drawing Date
Decade Night Game Prize
10/8/19 – 10/29/19
October 30, 2019
Two (2) Tickets 11/2/19 Game
12/2/19 – 12/17/19
December 18, 2019
Two (2) Tickets 12/20/19 Game
1/6/20 – 1/22/20
January 23, 2020
Two (2) Tickets 1/26/20 Game
February 20, 2020
Two (2) Tickets 2/23/20 Game
March 9, 2020
Two (2) Tickets 3/10/20 Game
* ARV of each pair of Decade Night Game prize tickets may vary based on the opponent, seat location and the then-current market value of the tickets at the time of award.
Decade Night Game Ticket winners should be able to attend the respective game for which their name was drawn; however, if a confirmed winner cannot attend their respective game, Sponsor reserves the right, as determined in its reasonable discretion, to award an alternate prize of a Rip City Clothing Co. gift card in the amount of $200, regardless of the then-current market value of the respective Decade Night Game prize tickets (“Alternate Prize”). Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that all provisions contained in these Official Rules shall apply to any winner voluntarily choosing to accept the Alternate Prize as described in this paragraph. No other substitution or prize options will be provided to any other winner of a prize in this Sweepstakes and Sponsor has no obligation or responsibility to offer or liability with regard to any Alternate Prize for any winner.
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE DRAWING: On March 11, 2020 one (1) potential winner will be randomly drawn from those entrants who have submitted at least one (1) vote in each of the five (5) Decade Voting Periods. YOU MUST SUBMIT AT LEAST ONE (1) VOTE IN EACH OF THE FIVE (5) DECADE VOTING PERIODS TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN THE GRAND PRIZE. Winners of the Decade Drawing Night Tickets will be eligible to win the Grand Prize. After confirmation of eligibility and verification the confirmed winner will receive a Grand Prize consisting of a Trail Blazers team autographed basketball and a custom Classic Edition Trail Blazers jersey from Rip City Clothing Co. at the Moda Center. Total ARV of the Grand Prize is $250. ARV reflects unautographed merchandise. ARV of hand-signed merchandise subject to fluctuation based on the featured NBA players and current market value at the time prize is awarded. The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of eligible entrants who have submitted at least one (1) vote in all five (5) Decade Voting Periods.
Each confirmed winner, and as applicable such winner’s guest, will be solely responsible for transportation, lodging, parking and all incidental costs or expenses relating to the acceptance or use of any prize unless otherwise specifically stated in these Official Rules. Each winner agrees that any prize awarded is pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to that applicable winner and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. A violation of these restrictions shall revoke such winner’s license, and the prize will not be honored. ALL DETAILS, TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PRIZES ARE SUBJECT TO SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION.
No guest of a winner will have any independent rights to the prize or any portion thereof and such guest must accompany the respective winner at all times during use of the prize. If winner’s guest is not 18 years of age on the respective game night, Sponsor shall require that the accompanying winner be the parent/legal guardian of such minor guest, unless prior written consent of such minor guest’s parent/legal guardian has been obtained. Sponsor reserves the right to exclude winner and such guest if not in compliance with the foregoing requirement, including providing a copy of written consent if requested. Sponsor and management personnel of the Rose Quarter reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to winner and guest if such person violates the previous restrictions or engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to abuse, threaten or harass any other person during the experience. Winner and such winner’s guest agree to abide by the NBA Fan Code of Conduct and all rules and policies of the Rose Quarter and will be subject to removal for non-compliance or unruly behavior.
5. ENTRANT/WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE. Each potential winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail as provided on their respective method of entry within forty-eight (48) hours following the drawing date for their respective prize as set forth in Section 4 above. Return of a prize notification as undeliverable or if Sponsor is unable to reach a potential winner in a timely manner (as determined by Sponsor in its reasonable discretion) may result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. In the event contact with a potential winner is not confirmed within three (3) business days, or if a potential winner declines the prize or the Alternate Prize (as described above), another potential winner will be randomly chosen. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable to any other person including family or friends. Any potential winner may waive their right to receive a prize. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any federal, state, local, and municipal taxes on any prize and unless specifically stated herein, such winner and guest are each solely responsible for any additional expenses which may be associated with participation in the Sweepstakes, and acceptance and/or use of the prize. Each winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law). Failure to sign and return the affidavit, release or other required documents, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, result in disqualification and the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the participant’s/entrant’s consent to the publication, dissemination and use of his or her name, photograph, image, likeness and voice by Sponsor, their designees, the NBA and its Member Teams, and/or NBA Properties, Inc., in any media at any time for any purpose without any additional compensation to, permission from or inspection by such entrant. Each potential winner agrees to execute all necessary and requested documents as requested by Sponsor and agrees to provide a copy of a government issued identification card containing a photo of the entrant/winner. A winner’s guest may be required to sign a release and waiver to receive benefits of the prize or any portion thereof, as applicable. Solely for purposes of compliance with the terms and conditions provided in these Official Rules and use of any prize, guest of a winner will be deemed as a participant in the Sweepstakes, regardless of whether such guest submitted an official entry.
6. ENTRANT/WINNER RELEASES. By entering the Sweepstakes and/or accepting any prize, each entrant releases Toyota Motor Corp., the Portland Metro Toyota Dealers Advertising Association, Spirit Mountain Casino, Trail Blazers Inc., the NBA and its Member Teams, NBA Properties Inc., any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, and subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, any claim, cost, injury, loss or damage related to any personal injury, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, right of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light). By participating and/or accepting any prize, each entrant/participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award any prize based on the entries received before the termination date.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By entering the Sweepstakes and/or accepting any prize, each entrant/winner agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (2) any claim, judgment or award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney's fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant/winner be permitted to obtain any award for, and each entrant/winner hereby waives any and all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive any entry, whether originating with entrant or Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event any aspect of the Sweepstakes is compromised by non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes.
8. CONSTRUCTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant/winner and/or Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Oregon, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Oregon. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Each entrant/winner agrees that should any dispute arise between such entrant and Sponsor, such dispute must be submitted to binding arbitration in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The venue for such arbitration shall be Portland, Oregon.
9. SPONSOR. The 50th Anniversary Team of the Decade Sweepstakes is sponsored by Toyota Motor Corp., the Portland Metro Toyota Dealers Advertising Association, Spirit Mountain Casino, and administered by Trail Blazers Inc. (collectively, “Sponsor”). Sponsor’s decisions regarding the selection of any entrant/winner and any other aspect of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for any typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in any other materials relating to the Sweepstakes.
10. QUESTIONS/WINNERS. If you have any questions regarding these rules or the Sweepstakes, or for a list of the winners (available after March 15, 2020), please send your request postage paid, including a self-addressed stamped envelope, to: “50th Anniversary Team of the Decade Sweepstakes Questions/Winners,” One Center Court, Suite 200, Portland, OR 97227. All requests must be received by March 1, 2020.
Just like Santa - our campaigns can't work without cookies! A cookie is a simple piece of code that allows us to verify whether or not you're a real person trying to enter this contest. It's very simple to enable cookies, and you're welcome to turn them back off again once you're finished entering.