TRAIL BLAZERS QUIZ CITY TRIVIA CONTEST
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Trail Blazers Quiz City Trivia Contest is a live streamed trivia contest (the “Contest”) and is open for participation to legal U.S. residents, 18 years of age or older at the time of participation, who reside within the state of Oregon or Western Washington. Employees of Trail Blazers Inc. (“Sponsor”), Rip City Management LLC, Blazer5 Gaming LLC, the National Basketball Association, and its Member Teams, NBA Properties Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, employees and agents, and any of their advertising or promotional agencies, or any business or entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of this Contest, and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, siblings and children) and any persons domiciled with, such employees, are not eligible to participate or win.
3. CONTEST PERIOD; CONTEST PARTICIPATION. The Contest will begin on August 9, 2020 at 4:45PM Pacific Time (“PT”) or three (3) minutes after halftime begins during the Trail Blazers vs Philadelphia 76’ers NBA resumed 2019-20 regular season game in Orlando, Florida, which as of this date is scheduled to begin at 3:30 PM PT, and the Contest will end after the final trivia question timeframe for answering is complete (as described below); anticipated time for the Contest to be completed is 10 minutes (“Contest Period”). Sponsor reserves the right to begin the Contest after 4:45PM, as may be necessary or required due to the official time the NBA determines halftime of the game will begin.
Sponsor will not be responsible for any failure to access the Contest or interruption of any kind during the Contest due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with participant or Sponsor. For purposes of this Contest, an e-mail or phone account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such respective account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, phone service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account or phone account. Any questions regarding the owner of an e‑mail or phone account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole, reasonable discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
4. PRIZE/ODDS. On or about August 10, 2020, the potential winner who successfully answered all ten (10) trivia questions in the Contest correctly will be notified and after confirmation of eligibility, verification and compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor will award the winner a prize package consisting of one (1) Trail Blazers 50th Anniversary Greatest Hits Vinyl Album (includes a free digital download of all seven (7) songs, and a collector’s edition retro-style poster); one (1) Trail Blazers Alumni autographed basketball (exact player autographs may vary based on available alumni); and one (1) Trail Blazers jersey (exact jersey and size to be determined by Sponsor based on availability at time of award). The approximate total retail value (“ARV”) of prize is $200. ARV of autographed basketball reflects unautographed merchandise; actual retail value of hand-signed merchandise is subject to fluctuation based on the featured NBA players and the then-current market value of such autograph at the time prize is awarded. If there are more than one participant who answers all ten (10) trivia questions correctly during the Contest, each such participant will be entered into a random drawing for the opportunity to be selected as the single participant who after confirmation of eligibility and verification of compliance with these Official Rules will be awarded the prize. There will only be one (1) confirmed winner in this Contest and Sponsor will only award one (1) prize package in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to confirm a winner to two (2) additional attempts.
Odds of winning the prize will depend on the number of eligible participants who answer all ten (10) trivia questions correctly in the Contest.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE. Potential winners will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail as provided through their method of participation within forty-eight (48) hours after the Contest based on the number of correctly answer trivia questions or, as provided above, for which such participant’s name was randomly drawn and confirmed to be eligible to win the prize. In the event contact with a potential winner is not confirmed within forty-eight (48) hours of attempted notification, or if a potential winner declines the prize, another qualifying participant from the Contest will be randomly chosen as a potential winner. A potential winner may waive their right to receive the prize. Prizes have no cash value, no substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of any prize will be permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion to offer a prize of comparable or greater value. Each confirmed winner will be solely responsible for reporting and payment of any federal, state, local, and municipal taxes relating to acceptance of the prize. Winner acknowledges and agrees that the prize or any portion thereof awarded is personal to such winner and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. A violation of these restrictions shall revoke such winner’s license, and the prize will not be honored.
6. PARTICIPATION. By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to follow and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and hold harmless and indemnify Trail Blazers Inc., Rip City Management LLC, Blazer5 Gaming LLC, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., the City of Portland, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (i) participant’s participation, or (ii) the receipt or use of the prize, or any portion thereof, awarded in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the qualifying participants in any Contest occurring before the termination date.
Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest, including acceptance and use of any prize, constitutes each participant’s consent to the publication, dissemination and use of such person’s name, photograph, image, likeness and voice by Trail Blazers Inc., Rip City Management LLC, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates in any media, at any time, for any purpose into perpetuity without any additional compensation to, permission from or inspection by such participant.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain any award for, and each participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
8. CONSTRUCTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Oregon, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Oregon. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. QUESTIONS/NAME OF WINNER. For timely answers to any questions regarding the Contest please contact the Trail Blazers business office by email to https://www.nba.com/blazers/contact-us, using the subject “Trail Blazers Quiz City Trivia Contest” and providing your name, phone number, and your question relating to the Contest; emails must be received prior to the start of the Contest but no later than August 9, 2020 at 2:00 PM PT to allow for the answer to be provided in time for participation in the Contest. For the name of the winner (available after August 15, 2020), please send your request postage paid, including a self-addressed stamped envelope, to: Trail Blazers Quiz City Trivia Contest Winner, One Center Court, Suite 200, Portland, OR 97227. Requests for a list of names of the winners must be received by August 30, 2020
Browsers such as Safari on iOS require you to accept our cookies before entering. Click continue to accept cookies and enter the contest.